What Is Microcement?
Most commonly being as the micro- screed or micro-concrete, it basically is a cement-based coating which is poly modified and it can thinly be applied to walls, stairs, and floors of domestic as well as commercial spaces. This cement, therefore, acts as a strong bonding power. Micro cement can also prove to be useful when applied to different types of surfaces which include tiles, woods and concrete flooring as well.
Why Flooring Is Great With Microcement?
The great thing about this is you can see the colour, tone and the fact that you would be able to get a glimpse of the final flooring design before it gets completed. This would also indicate that there is no probability of getting a flawed design which generally comes into notice after the polished concrete has been installed. This cement comes very handy for places like kitchen, bathroom, living area and wet rooms mostly because of their flexible nature.
- They basically offer hypo allergic and hygienic properties which helps a lot in creating a stain free and clean environment.
- This flooring also ensures you with longevity, durability and a hardwearing flooring system.
- Nowadays, the popularity of microcement increased much among the individuals who are looking for concrete aesthetic which is very tough to achieve in general. In case you want to give a contemporary or industrial look to your space, then this material can help you with that as well. With a grout free appearance, this material can make any space desirable and attractive.
Factors Influencing The Microcement Flooring Cost
There are multiple factors which have an influence over the flooring installation cost. in this list, we have mentioned a few of them. They are as follows: –
- Area size – Like any other construction material, the cost of microcement depends on the area that is to be covered.
- Substrate Quality – The quality of substrate also plays a part in determining the costs.
- Preparation surface – some surfaces require more preparation than others, so the costs involved may include the cost of preparing the surface.
- Sealer choice – Different sealers may be used resulting in different finishing quality as well as life.
- The microcement brand used – Some brands boast quality over others, and some are just new to the market. Thus, the reputation of the brand also affects the price of the microcement.
Types Of Microcement
We have explained here about the 5 different types of microcement which differ based on the specific requirements and usage.
- MICROBASE- is an ideal microcement which allows for a rustic look to your walls, floors and ceilings. Yet another important use of Micro base is its application as a base to facilitate finishes for other products.
- MICROSTONE– is the best microcement to be used for exteriors because of its consistency and uniformity of colour and appearance like stone, with no-slip properties and is of thick texture.
- MICRODECK-Microdesk is a microcement which is ideal for floors because it offers resistance in specific areas attracting heavy traffic. It is of medium texture.
- MICROFINO– It is predominantly used for wall coating and therefore offers premium finish to the walls. It also is favourable for facilitating effects such as watermarks of various kinds.
- AQUACIMENT– It is the most suitable microcement for swimming pools. This is due to its waterproof nature and its resistance capabilities against chlorine and other salts present in water
Microcement is construction gold and can be used for a variety of purposes due to its availability in various kinds that can serve many purposes.