From the construction point of view destroying the old man-made structures is as essential as establishing new ones. Demolition specialist does this very carefully so that no or less harm is done to the neighbouring areas and with fewer environmental impacts. It includes explosion or destruction with the help of some explosives and materials depending on the type of building or structure. Before doing any explosion or demolition work there are some factors that a demolition expert takes care of.
Type of the structure
There are several structures like a residential home, bridges, dams, roads, and other man-made structures, etc.
- For small houses and one or two-story structure or building real demolition is not necessary. It can be handled mechanically with the use of cranes, hydraulic equipment and bulldozers.
- For larger monumental or structures wrecking ball is necessary. It will help the Sydney demolition specialists to break the buildings in its lateral sides so that the later explosive work becomes easier and safe.
- For tall industrial buildings, high-quality excavators are generally used.
- A French method called ‘Verinage’ can be used in any type of building. It weakens the support of the central part of the building and explosion is done from top to bottom in a systematical and symmetrical manner.
It will take several weeks or months to get started in the demolition work of buildings. Copper wiring, as well as glass, should be removed earlier. Selected ground or under-ground floors can be drilled into a hole where explosive work will be done. Usage of a little explosive is needed and step by step method of demolition should be done to have a progressive fall of the structures. Sufficient training and work experience are needed for the workers, labourers, contractors. A demolition specialist of at least 5 to 10 years of work experience is well suited into the work.
Partitioning the necessary equipment before demolition
Well experienced demolition specialists are needed for removing or partitioning the hazardous equipment. Some steps should be done earlier before demolition work.
- ‘Asbestos Abatement’ should be done first.
- Remove electronics and metallic items which can be destroyed during the demolition of buildings.
- Switch off the electricity supply and turn off the transformers, pumps, generators in nearby areas.
- Remove the gas pipes and cylinders.
Usage of explosives
When it is unsafe to use the explosives, excavators are used to demolishing a structure or a building. Before using explosives, oxyacetylene torch must be used to cut down the steel doors and windows. Only wrecking contractors can suggest the demolition team to how and what extent explosive should be used with less hazard. Drill a hole in a correct place and put the blasters into it. Surrounding areas should be filled with sand, clay, dirt, etc. Many chemical products like TNT, RDX, nitroglycerin is used as an explosive.
Be conscious of the environmental impacts
Demolition specialist should take a look into the CO2, CO gas emission into the atmosphere. It also affects the neighbour areas. An experienced and professional demolition specialist uses various techniques to prevent or minimize any sort of environmental harm. The mechanical technique is one of them. We can also use software-based demolition with the help of metal blades so that ground floor should be supported hydraulically, and its lateral parts will be destroyed by blades.
Sydney Demolition specialists are generally wrecking contractors or managers who have experience in wrecking and explosion work. The Building is as necessary as destruction but in a safe manner. Demolition workers do this with perfection. Whenever there is a fall off a bridge, dam or any building their role becomes necessary.