The Advantages Of Concrete Driveways
The overall aesthetic of a dream home depends on the front view, gardens, architectural designs, interior decorations, and landscaping. But there are many other means to enhance it. One of the significant areas that can uplift your dream home’s beauty is the driveways. Like adding a patio to the structure of the house or an outdoor pool, a smart-looking driveway also beautify the entire area. An attractive and durable driveway will also increase your property value to a much extent.
Gone are those days when driveways were made of stone blocks in the Victoria era or the bituminous driveways a few years ago. Today concrete is the in thing, and many homeowners prefer to have concrete driveways on their property. There are many benefits of having driveways made from concrete, and one should understand them before constructing the same.
Here Are The Some Advantages
Concrete driveways have many advantages over traditional ones. They are not only strong but also durable if maintained adequately without burning a hole in the pocket.
- The Cost Factor – Although the initial cost of having concrete driveways is a bit higher than driveways made from traditional materials, it pays off as the maintenance cost is low in the long term. Stone driveways are too costly, and bituminous driveways are complicated and challenging. They are prone to the damage being exposed to extreme outdoor weather like rain, heat, or snow. But, concrete driveways last long and they are hard enough. So, the regular maintenance necessity is much lesser so that the cost. The cost factor has made these driveways quite popular amongst homeowners as they do not need to shell out regular maintenance costs, unlike other materials.
- Can Customize –You don’t have to worry about the stale or dull color of cement and the flat look when we talk about driveways made from concrete. You can add colors to the driveways that can be unique and eye-catching. These driveways can be a pattern- stamped to highlight a theme that goes with the entire aesthetic beauty of the house. You can even polish the driveways to give a smooth finish and bring more flexibility to the look. Thus the curb appeal can be extended with various shades of colors, stamping, and finishing that mesmerize your guests.
- More Functional – Concrete can withstand more weight than bitumen. The load per square foot is exceptionally high if you own an SUV, RV, or even a subcompact car. Traditional gravel and asphalt cannot withstand such a load for a long time and decay and need frequent repairs and maintenances. Bituminous driveways can cave in with the heavy load. However, with concrete driveways, one can avoid the blues of driving on them or parking the vehicles. One can see that in public parking places, many roads or bridges have concrete carpeting so that they can not only withstand heavy traffic but can also bear the load.
- Better Light Reflection – Driveways made from concrete can reflect more light, unlike stone or asphalt driveways. Thus homeowners can cut down their energy bills, minimizing the need for lighting.
- Fast Cooling – Unlike other materials, concrete made driveways cool down faster during the hot summers and absorb or radiate less heat. Thus one can enjoy the summer nights on their lawns or stroll on the driveways without unnecessary sweating.
- Maintenance – The maintenance cost is low with concrete driveways, and this type of driveway may need simple patchwork at times without involving much cost.
It is time to go for concrete driveways for many benefits over other types. One needs almost to empty their bounty to build their dream home, and if it involves recurring maintenance costs often, the pocket is stressed. Therefore it is time to go for driveways made from concrete and have peace of mind for a long time.