When you want to remodel your bathroom, you are mostly looking for expansions in your existing bathroom space. To get the changes done as per your requirement within a specified budget, you need to contact a professional bathroom remodel contractor. You might think of bathroom remodeling when you want to replace the existing features such as showers, taps, windows, doors, or the entire design of your bathroom.
What are some things that add value to your bathroom remodeling project?
When you think of remodeling your bathroom, there are some important points that you should consider. These points improve the overall look and design of your bathroom once you have redesigned it. They are:
- Installing small and not-so-visible 2” drain plumbing pipes
- Including a window in the shower to keep your bathroom ventilated and free from the humidity that otherwise stays accumulated inside it
- Including stylish and sleek cabinets inside the wall to store all your essentials in one single place
- Changing the lighting to make you comfortable when you are taking a bath or doing your hair or makeup
What are some mistakes you should never do when remodeling your bathroom
When you contact a professional and experienced bathroom remodel contractor, he will tell you about some of the mistakes that you should never commit when you want to remodel your bathroom. These include:
- Not having a clear idea on the design and your requirements, which leads to lots of confusions in the long run
- Not installing an exhaust fan while remodeling the bathroom
- Giving too much importance to visual appeal instead of functionality
- Not choosing materials that are in line with the climate conditions of your country
- Not having a fixed budget set aside for bathroom remodeling purposes
Stay away from these mistakes as much as you can, if you want an improved look in your bathrooms after you have completed the remodeling.
How much does it cost to remodel a bathroom
The average cost of remodeling a bathroom can be anywhere between $1500 and $15000. It can also shoot up above this figure, depending on the changes you want. Your contractor may charge you around $70 per square foot for basic changes in design and close to $250 per square foot for detailed changes and extravagant fixtures that you may require. It is highly recommended that you set aside a budget and work towards remodeling your bathroom within that budget always.