Carpet cleaning is a basic thing and it must be done at regular intervals. Whether it is a home carpet or office carpet; it needs a regular for a healthy and clean environment. Home carpets tend to attract dirt, grease, dust, and stains as it is walked upon many times. If kids, elderly people, and patients are there, they increase the amount of dirt buildup in the house. Again, with pets at home, it gets even worse because of droppings, pet dander, and other factors. At offices too due to heavy foot traffic, carpets attract a large amount of dirt, dust, and grease.
Problems Caused by Dirty Soiled Carpets
Dirty soiled carpets can pose a serious threat to our health, and also disturb the healthy atmosphere of the premises. Here are the most common problems you may face when your carpets are not cleaned or maintained in a timely manner:
- A place gets dusty where there is carpet installed due to excessive foot traffic, or when heavy items are dropped over it. This happens when the carpet fibers are saturated with loose dust particles and spread dust around. The dust can make air dirty, and dirty air can make you sick, and can also cause skin and eyes irritation, and allergies and if it enters your lungs and bronchioles it can cause some serious health issues.
- When too much of dirt and grease accumulates, the carpet fibers and material get rough, patchy, clumpy, and thus altogether uncomfortable to touch. Walking on it, or sitting on a dirty soiled carpet is no fun, and rather you feel like walking off the surface to avoid contamination.
- Greasy carpets naturally attract more dirt and get dirtier sooner than earlier.
- With increasing dirt and exposure to moisture for many reasons, mold, fungi, and mildew may develop. Their spores can cause serious health hazards, such as skin problems, diarrhea, and other allergies.
- Stain patches and clumpy dirty spots and clumpy fibers on the carpet look ugly and interfere with the aesthetic beauty of the premises.
- Stained carpets develop bacteria on them, and as a result of bacterial decomposition of biodegradable matter, foul odor is emitted. The air in the carpeted room becomes dirty and smells bad, hence the overall healthy ambiance is disturbed.
In this way, unclean carpets pose several threats to the health of living beings and thus need cleaning essentially. You can do this on your own. But none of the homely methods you can use would be enough to clean soiled, dusty, grease and fungal carpets.
How Homely Methods of Carpet Cleaning Are Ineffective Against Professional Cleaning
Vacuum cleaning will take off loose dirt, but grease would stay anyway. Also, steam cleaning would take off grease and dust but will not remove old stains. Detergent-based cleaning would take off dust, dirt, stains, and grease all, but may ruin the carpet fabric due to the residue of detergent and harsh alkalis.
For all these reasons, you should not try to do it yourself; otherwise, you can ruin the carpet, waste your time, and give meaningless labor over this. Rather, you should call carpet cleaner experts who would use such eco-friendly, hygienic, safe, and yet highly effective cleaning tools and solvents, which will retain the freshness, color, softness, and smoothness of the carpet, and render it totally safe and clean.
Getting a carpet cleaning service near you is no challenge these days. The internet is one of the best ways to find a service nearby with a few clicks. You can always maintain freshness and hygiene at home and office by getting carpets cleaned periodically.